The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Using the 'Unread Posts' option

This board is set up to offer tips for members old and new to help navigate around the site and do other things on it. Anyone with a useful tip can post it here but only ONE TIP per topic please so if members have a query about it they can raise a question without having to refer to a particular tip. Please make the topic's name the subject of the tip.

Did you find this hint useful?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Using the 'Unread Posts' option

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:22 pm

This topic is to help members using their 'Unread posts' link which is in the middle one of those listed at the top right of the picture in the forum's default board. This link may be in a different place if you are using a different board theme.

When you click on the link it opens a page which lists all the topics in which posts have been made since you last visited those topics.

There are three options when selecting the topic you wish to go to, as follows:

1....... Click on the topic name in the large panel and it will take you to the very first page of that topic.

2....... On the left hand side of each topic next to the topic name is a small icon highlighted in the following picture with an arrow and if you click on that icon it will take you to the first post in that topic which was posted after you last visited that topic. There may be several more after that post which you then need to scroll down to, to read. When you reach the last post on the page you should then check at the bottom or top right of the page to see if you are on the last page in the topic as there may be more posts on subsequent pages. The page number you are currently on is slightly paler in colour than the rest.
Link to first unread post in topic..JPG
Link to first unread post in topic..JPG (47.12 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
3....... On the right hand side of each topic next the last poster's name is another small icon highlighted in the next picture, and if you click on that it will take you to the vary last post made in that topic. This is most useful when participating in the trivia word games as you can be sure that you are at the last post made in that topic which is the one you will be following on from. Of course you may need to look back at the previous post(s) to make sure you are not going to duplicate something that was posted immediately before.

Please indicate above if you found this hint useful.
Link to last post in topic.JPG
Link to last post in topic.JPG (47.04 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Using the 'Unread Posts' option

Post by nikkai » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Well I never ! I have always used the active topic route so just to add to my limited know how I tried your instructions and it is now added to my Oh so vast knowledge of interesting useful whatevers thanks BB
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:15 pm

The 'Active topics' will only show topics that have been posted in during the last 7 days so if the most recent post in another topic was made 8 or more days ago and you haven't read it, it won't show up there. The 'Active topics' is useful for locating a topic quickly that you know was posted in during the 7 days when there are no unread posts. It saves you having to go through the various boards to locate it, especially if you can't remember which board it is in.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:38 pm

Seems to work for me as I sort of pop in every day or at least every other (unless SWMBO has me doing stuff!)
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:01 pm

I've learned something new too. I usually click on the Unread Posts tab at the top of the page and then click the first topic I want to go to which takes me to page 1 of that topic, I then click the small "first unread post" text to take me to the first new posting of that topic. What BB has described is much quicker.
It's grim up North...