The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Power Cuts in Carlton Colville

Use this board to post about anything that may cause disruption to life in our community.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Power Cuts in Carlton Colville

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:09 pm

I have started this new board 'Roadworks and Other Disruptions' which can be used for topics to inform and/or discuss such occurrences in and around Lowestoft that could affect our everyday lives and I have started it off with this topic. As we seem to have many such disruptions in this area, I trust it will prove useful.

As I mentioned elsewhere in the forum we have had a few power outages (albeit brief) this week where I live, although I had heard there was a longer one in another part of Carlton Colville.

I noticed this 'set-up' this afternoon with a generator connected to one of the boxes at the end of Uplands Close near to the pedestrian crossing on Castleton Avenue. I later looked for details on the roadworks.org website and came up with the details in the second image about work being carried out by UK Power Networks. This is set to continue until 1st March so hope we don't have any more of the outages in the meantime.
Generator.jpg
Works.JPG
Works.JPG (35.09 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Power Cuts in Carlton Colville

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:08 pm

We had another power outage tonight at about 5-41pm. I had just put some food into the oven and a minute later everything went off. Thankfully it came back on after about a minute so nothing was spoilt. Just so annoying - that's now four outages this week.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget