The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Waveney to Charge for Green Waste Collections

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Waveney to Charge for Green Waste Collections

Post by funkychick » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 am

Latest post of the previous page:

We ll I do get an awful lot of green waste so will have to bag it up for the black bin or get help going to the dump more

If they are not going to empty the green bin within our community tax payment do we now get a weekly black bin service ......I guess not silly me
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Yesterday we received a copy of the latest WDC 'intouch' publication in which it explained the 'whys and wherefores' behind the need to charge for the green bin collections next year. Now they could have saved some money and reduced the £42 charge if they hadn't sent me yet another copy of the same publication today. :roll:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:36 pm

I truly think I will be reverting back to the burning the rubbish as was the idea many years ago.
I disagree with the idea to PAY yet more money when the budget for this service is in the charges they make us pay.
next it will be charging for the blue bin !!!
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Me too Nikkai
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Meryl
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Meryl » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:22 pm

I sent my green bin back some time ago. we haven't got much garden so any leaves etc. goes into the black bin. The space it takes up is also a consideration.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:09 pm

If they are going to take the food waste to landfill then they may as well put the garden waste there as well. At least it won't contaminate the ground.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

paulears
Male/Female: male

Post by paulears » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:20 pm

I got my black bin emptied today, and there was the notice telling me that if I want to pay them £42, then I have to do it by ...... yesterday!

Is anyone daft enough to pay this? Presumably, the no food waste keeps the garden stuff able to be mulched and resold?

I'll just put the few bits of green waste in the black bin. I thought that they'd abandoned this?

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:13 pm

paulears wrote:I got my black bin emptied today, and there was the notice telling me that if I want to pay them £42, then I have to do it by ...... yesterday!
You only have to pay them by yesterday if you want to be included from the first collection. I guess if you pay later your service will start later.

My service will not start at all as I have no intention of paying them. I will just take it to the dump for free.
I before E except after C - That's weird

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suffolkboy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:16 pm

From 1st,April 2016 the garden waste bin will be increased from £42 to £45 here at Norwich. We have a decent size garden with hedges and plenty of shrubs which need to be trimmed from time to time,always paid for the garden waste bin as carting it to the recycling site would involve a 12 mile round trip. The bin is emptied every two weeks and it is always full. Nuf' said.
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:32 pm

How many years was it at £42, SB? I paid my £42 as I have more than enough to do than visiting the recycling centre every week or two, particularly through the spring, summer and autumn months. I suppose if you add up the fuel used going there, and queuing up for I don't know how long (I went their yesterday to take some old furniture and there was a queue of about 15 cars outside the site and queuing up the road waiting to go in and it took about 15 minutes to get inside) plus the cost of decent garden waste bags as the thin ones are no good, then I don't think you save much by not having the bin emptied. Then there are those who don't have vehicles to take their waste in. I would expect the council will eventually clamp down if too much of the garden waste is being put in the black bins.

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suffolkboy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:22 pm

I think we started paying £35 to start with some time ago and they creep it up a little each year although it may have been frozen last year at the £42. Like you I thought about the fuel cost travelling to the depot,queuing,loading and unloading and cleaning the mess from the car/van. Just make sense to pay for a bin and I do not use my time which means more water colour painting time. :)
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by seagull » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:37 pm

many boroughs people pay have a lot of green rubbish removed I used to.i got no problems paying for that I do how ever have problems taking glass to bottle banks

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Lancashire CC are putting their ultra-modern unit for recycling food waste into mothballs as it will save a few million a year. So we are back to putting food waste in the dustbin- well some are, I never started recycling it.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:32 pm

I have my first 'paid-for' garden waste bin collection tomorrow and the bin's full as I cut the front grass and sorted out the borders last week. The next one will be also, as I still have still to sort out the back garden and the grass needs cutting badly, as long as the weather is dry. I'm thinking of investing in a new petrol mower as I've had this one for what must be nearly 20 years and it was a 'cheapie' from Lidl (I think it was) when they were in Commercial Road.

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:09 pm

boatbuilder wrote:I have my first 'paid-for' garden waste bin collection tomorrow and the bin's full as I cut the front grass and sorted out the borders last week. The next one will be also, as I still have still to sort out the back garden and the grass needs cutting badly, as long as the weather is dry. I'm thinking of investing in a new petrol mower as I've had this one for what must be nearly 20 years and it was a 'cheapie' from Lidl (I think it was) when they were in Commercial Road.
Nowt wrong with "cheapie" if it has lasted 20 years and that just shows you have looked after your tools and the cheapie was probably that because it was the end of line for that model.
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Our new 2017 sticker for the green bin arrived today. Interestingly enough, I realised only yesterday that despite having paid for it at the beginning of this month it hadn't come so I phoned them up to query it as our first collection of the 'new' year is due next week (2nd). They told me they were late going out but that they should be delivered by tomorrow (24th).