The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 3rd 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 11th April 2024 at 7:10pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Council Tax - 'Online'

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Council Tax - 'Online'

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:40 pm

I received my 2016-17 council tax bill today along with a leaflet inviting me to "Do it Online" - in other words, register to receive and manage my council tax bills in a paperless fashion, via this link:
http://www.angliarevenues.gov.uk/online

Having decided to do so I found that there are 7 local authorities listed there, of which one is WDC. However, I could find no way to be able to register under the WDC link. I then looked at all the other six and each and every one of them has such a link to enable registration.

Needless to say I have emailed them with a query.

I will post back here if and when I receive a reply.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Council Tax - 'Online'

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:16 pm

A link for registration has now appeared under the WDC link. It certainly wasn't there earlier - I wonder if it was in response to my email? I haven't had a reply though.

Oh. it doesn't work - yet! :roll:
Attachments
WDC.JPG
WDC.JPG (21.63 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Yes is still does not work BUT ALL the others do!
Maybe their IT are busy sorting out where they will move their office for when the noise from the new bridge is built :lol:
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Maybe they will merge it with the Suffolk Coastal link that does. Perhaps that's what they are waiting for but seems stupid sending out 'bumph' that doesn't work in the first place.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Just to update - the link still doesn't work and I haven't had a reply to my email sent on Wednesday. Nothing surprising there! :roll:

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:35 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Just to update - the link still doesn't work and I haven't had a reply to my email sent on Wednesday. Nothing surprising there! :roll:
What else BB can you expect, they are having a well earned rest having debated for 70 years whether to have a third crossing and where it will be located. Never mind Tesco didn't get the Tramway. :D
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:10 pm

UPDATE
I still never received a reply to my email but had another look today and there is finally a link enabling registration, so I clicked on it and on the left of the address bar of the page that then opened, it stated 'St Edmundsbury Borough Council [GB]' (see image below), so I decided to give it a go knowing it would either work or wouldn't and did eventually manage to register although part way through the supposedly four-stage process it threw up an error so couldn't get any further. However, that error threw up after the first stage when I had entered my email address (twice), a username and a password (twice) and chose a security question and had proceeded to the next step. So that first stage must have auto-generated an email which I received shortly after containing a link for me to activate the account. After doing so I was able to complete the registration for e-billing. It was all a little confusing but managed to get there in the end. Not recommended for those who do get a little 'confused.com' in the first place though. :lol:
When it was all done I could also access my bills and payments back to 2011.
Attachments
WDC_STEBC.JPG

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:21 pm

boatbuilder wrote: Not recommended for those who do get a little 'confused.com' in the first place though. :lol:
I will carry on with my Direct Debit then Boatbuilder :)
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:50 pm

I still pay mine by DD, Mel. It's just that I will in future receive the annual bill online rather than have more paper coming through the letterbox. Image

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:08 am

boatbuilder wrote:I still pay mine by DD, Mel. It's just that I will in future receive the annual bill online rather than have more paper coming through the letterbox.
Ahh, I see what you mean Boatbuilder.

I signed up early last week to ebilling for my Anglia Water account. Got signed up OK but it will not show me this years bill that has got to be paid, it just shows last years (which going by that I haven't paid yet! Although I have :roll: ). Rang them up and spoke to a polite young lady on Friday and she apologised and said she would get onto it straight away and sort it for me...it is now four days later and still no joy. Looks like I will have to ring again later headbanger1
My Flickr pictures look here

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Received my bill in post, today. Rather confused as to how the letter was dated 3rd March, meaning it apparently took 20 days to travel about a mile?!! Also confused as they enclosed the standard notice regarding the introduction of the Green Bin fee that started on 29th February; wasn't everyone supposed to receive that 'before' they started the fee scheme?!

Seems to me to be a little bit of incompetence followed by unprofessionalism.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:06 pm

My bill was dated 29th February and arrived on the 16th March so marginally faster than yours. I'm in CC so where are you? I think everybody got something attached to their bins before Christmas - well we did - and another one in February. I'm trying to recall if we got something through the post as well other than the leaflet with the Tax bill.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:37 pm

I notices a council guy attaching a label to all our bins this morning - not been out to see what it says yet. Not good news I'll be bound.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Well don't forget to tell us what it is when you find out. :D

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Just went out to take a quick look as the bin has not been emptied yet. Just a note to let us know that they are no longer recycling food waste which from now on has to go into the grey bin (to be dumped). A bit chilly out there today too. we have been spoilt with 10 days or so of virtually unbroken sunshine but we have rain on the way for the Bank Holiday.
It's grim up North...