The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Council Tax - 'Online'

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Council Tax - 'Online'

Post by frankiesays » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Just went out to take a quick look as the bin has not been emptied yet. Just a note to let us know that they are no longer recycling food waste which from now on has to go into the grey bin (to be dumped). A bit chilly out there today too. we have been spoilt with 10 days or so of virtually unbroken sunshine but we have rain on the way for the Bank Holiday.
It's grim up North...

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm in Kirkley; I noticed that it was sent via a 3rd party mailing company rather than directly via Royal Mail. No doubt this is to save money as per the council claims, albeit at the expense of customer service. I'm also not happy the council is 'advising' us not to pay by cheque as it costs too much for them to process. As far as I know paying by cheque is still allowed by law, so placing pressure on us like this does tend to 'get my goat'! I'm still trying to recover from last year, when they stopped allowing people to pay their council tax using cash!!

I do not recall receiving any notices on our bins at all regarding the green bin fiasco. I was watching intently, as I knew all about it from the myriad of comments/complaints on the Streetlife site. We don't have a green bin in any case; our gardener has always put our hedge trimmings in the black bin, so unsure what he will do in the future.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:21 pm

If you don't have a green bin then maybe that's why you never got anything attached to it. :lol:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:43 am

Just had out latest Council Tax bill in - £145 pm for what they think is a standard three bed detached house. How does that compare with down there?
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:11 pm

My four bed detached (Band C) is £133. Sounds like you are being ripped off there, frankie.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:01 pm

I'm being ripped off for what they think I have but I can't complain because I have added another two bedrooms and another bathroom since the house was last assessed.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Well you'd better hope that nobody from your local council happens to scan the forum websites then. Image Now are you sure you got planning permission? :D

Just looked at LCC council tax bands and you may be in Band 'E' or possibly 'D'. It seems that house prices in your area must have been much higher than here in Waveney when originally assessed in the early 1990's for a 3-bed detached to be in that band. My house was originally in a Band 'D' but in the late 90's they were reassessed and reduced to Band 'C' and we received a substantial refund in 1999 backdated to when the council tax started.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:46 pm

I just checked and I'm also band C. Full planning permission sought and granted as it was a fairly large extension which doubled the size of the kitchen and added a utility room, bedroom and shower room. If they base the rate on the number of beds I should probably have been reassessed.
It's grim up North...

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Post by seagull » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:54 pm

I got green bin and my notice was put at bottom of the bin where I could not get to it.If they not recycling green stuff then what point of me paying extra what they doing with my stuff

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:51 pm

Collected garden waste is being composted.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:48 am

I don't understand your post Seagull what notice was put at the bottom of your bin ? And what connection has a notice to composting ?
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:46 am

I don't recall what 'notice' referred to composting but that was the reason for not including food waste any more.