The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Lowestoft Hospital

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Lowestoft Hospital

Post by Trigger » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:26 am

I noticed today that the Hospital is being "fenced" in. Haven't heard anything about this but - I'm not usually up-to-date on such things!
Attachments
DSCN0317_07.jpg
DSCN0319_05.jpg
DSCN0319_05.jpg (128.59 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Lowestoft Hospital

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:45 pm

A new prison, maybe? :lol:

Is that the complete hospital Trigger? If so I wonder where the phlebotomy department has gone.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:14 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Is that the complete hospital Trigger? If so I wonder where the phlebotomy department has gone.
Only two sides: Alexandra Road and, from there - Milton Road East to Physio Building. As this has only just been put up - I would think that everything's the same - at the moment. Will toddle around in the morning to see if I can find out any more.
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Thanks Trigger. Although don't need the phlebotomy department at the moment, we were there about 10 days ago and saw no notices about any changes and there was no other indication anything was likely to be changing either.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Meryl
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Male/Female: female

Post by Meryl » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:39 pm

I think that this was a sudden decision due to a burst water main.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks Meryl. Was still waiting for Trigger to report back. Image :D

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:53 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Thanks Meryl. Was still waiting for Trigger to report back. :D
I decided to wait for the Journal - who've done a much better report than I could do. :D

Burst water main forces final services to leave town’s hospital

The last two out-patient services based at Lowestoft Hospital will move out next month after a burst water main has rendered the site unsuitable.
From December 5, the phlebotomy blood testing service, which was based in one of the old hospital buildings, will be offered from three sites. One will be in Kirkley Care Centre in the south of the town and two will be in north Lowestoft.
The community dental service, which was provided from a mobile dental surgery parked on the old hospital site off Tennyson Road, will temporarily be running from the Newberry Clinic in Gorleston and the James Paget University Hospital until an alternative site can be found.
Graham Wilde, acting chief operating officer for the James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (JPUH), said: “We appreciate that the services are being moved at short notice but the condition of the buildings at the old hospital site has given us no option. However, patients can be reassured that they will be seen, albeit at different sites, and there will be no disruption to either service.”
http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/ ... _1_4792537

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:29 pm

Thanks for posting that, Trigger. I am assuming Kirkley Care Centre to be the Kirkley Mill Health Centre.

I thought it might be worth posting the text regarding the appointments here:
From 5 December, the phlebotomy service will be at the following locations: Kirkley Care Clinic, Clifton Road, Kirkley. Service available Monday-Friday, 8am-3pm; Alexandra Road Surgery, Alexandra Road, Lowestoft. Monday and Wednesday, 8.30am to 2.30pm; Crestview Surgery, Crestview Drive, Lowestoft. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am-2.30pm. Call 01502 273150/273151 to book an appointment.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:54 am

Trigger wrote:I decided to wait for the Journal - who've done a much better report than I could do. :D
I will have to be more thorough when reading my 'Journal' as I missed this report; so thanks Trigger for the information.
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Mel wrote:I will have to be more thorough when reading my 'Journal' as I missed this report; so thanks Trigger for the information.
You're welcome! :D

Belated thanks to BB for posting details of where and when the "service" changes - as I guess I'll be having a few more! :o

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:55 pm

I spent all Christmas of 1967 in there with a burst appendix, was 14 at the time. Just me and a baby in the children's ward. I got lots of attention and I think it was at that time that my unhealthy interest in nurses developed.
It's grim up North...