The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Waste Collections - East Suffolk (Waveney/Suffolk Coastal)

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Waste Collections - East Suffolk (Waveney/Suffolk Coastal)

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:23 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Surely that would have been the best and easiest solution all round. Just run two days behind for everybody for two weeks using two Saturdays (this week and next) to get up-to-date. But then I guess that was TOO easy for them to work out. :roll:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Mines not been touched may still happen who knows
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Meryl
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Meryl » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:53 am

funkychick wrote:Mines not been touched may still happen who knows
We are now up to date.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:07 am

I wonder if they ll give me an extra week on my green bin which I ve paid for
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:57 am

I have requested a refund of £1.65 which equates to one collection, FC. I’ve not yet had a response to my email sent on Thursday.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:29 am

funkychick wrote:I wonder if they ll give me an extra week on my green bin which I ve paid for
Ill watch your posts to see your reply when they do????????? AS IF :)
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:13 pm

From an email received this afternoon.

Garden Waste Service Suspended

Dear Resident

Due to the worsening conditions of COVID-19 you may now be aware that unfortunately East Suffolk Council and East Suffolk Norse have had to make the difficult decision, as of the 27th March, to suspend the Garden Waste collection service, until further notice.

We apologise for the temporary suspension of services and the notice provided. This was unfortunately unavoidable due to the current situation impacting us all and the challenges COVID-19 is presenting for our front-line services.

This decision was made in the interests of crew protection, whilst managing front-line services with fewer overall crew numbers due to individuals practising self-isolation.
Crew numbers on each vehicle have also been reduced from 3 to 2 to minimize proximity whilst ensuring that household waste and recycling collections are prioritised in these difficult times.

This is only a pause of the Garden Waste service and, as soon as it is possible, we shall resume the service. In the meantime, please do not present your bin for collection.

All current subscriptions shall be extended, once the service resumes, to reflect the period of time that collections were missed within your subscription period. You shall still receive your full 12 months-worth of collections.

Until the Garden Waste service resumes the option to renew your annual subscription or indeed take out a new subscription has also been suspended.

Whilst we are not able to make collections, we would like to suggest home composting as an alternative.

We do encourage all residents to remain at home and limit any interactions with others and by home composting we can also become a little bit more self-reliant.

Please find a link below with further information on home composting:

https://www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/waste/wa ... omposting/

Failing that food rubbish can also be bagged and placed in the general household refuse waste bin with the contents then sent to the ‘energy from waste’ facility. We request you please refrain from placing your garden waste into your refuse waste bin.

We do appreciate your understanding and support in these testing times. We do hope you agree that this small inconvenience is necessary to help prevent the spread of this deadly virus and help protect the delivery of front-line services.

Kind Regards

Kerry Blair
Head of Operations