The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Waste Collections - East Suffolk (Waveney/Suffolk Coastal)

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Waste Collections - East Suffolk (Waveney/Suffolk Coastal)

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:42 pm

The following is from the East Suffolk Website:
Waste and recycling collections – catching up
Posted by Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils on 2 March 2018

The adverse weather conditions across the east have had a huge impact on our refuse collection service. We have put the safety of the public and our crews first and we are very grateful for your patience and understanding. We will now begin the process of catching up, as well as undertaking a full, scheduled collection service from Monday.

It is the intention of Norse to collect all missed, residual waste (black bins in Waveney / grey-lidded bins in Suffolk Coastal - and sacks) by the end of next week across Suffolk Coastal and Waveney.

Weather permitting, a normal service will resume on Monday. This means that if you are scheduled to receive a collection next week, please put your bin out as normal next week.

In addition, Norse will be sending teams to areas where refuse was NOT collected. If you have suffered a missed collection, the message to you is as follows:
  • Please put out your black/grey-lidded bins for collection on Monday morning, and if necessary, use additional refuse sacks for any extra ‘spillover’ waste you may have. These bins and sacks will be collected by crews over the coming days.
  • Recycling, garden and food waste bins will be collected according to the normal schedule. So, if your collection was missed, it will be collected at your next scheduled date. If necessary, recycling can be placed in black bin liners and these additional items will be collected and recycled.
  • Street cleansing teams will be following up and collecting any refuse that has blown out of black/grey-lidded bins or sacks.
Once again, many thanks for your patience. We will do everything can to catch up as quickly as possible.
LINK
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Waste Collections - East Suffolk (Waveney/Suffolk Coastal)

Post by funkychick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:13 am

My bins still haven’t been emptied from last week so I ll have to put all three out this week as I don’t know what we’re up to now
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:44 am

If you missed a black bin collection they will collect, if you missed a blue/green bin collection you will have to wait until your next blue/green collection date.
My Flickr pictures look here

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:37 am

They missed blue and green Mel but I m leaving them all out ( as have most of the neighbours) and see what goes they can stay there until they are all empty :no:
What’s the difference in the colours if they can pick up black why not blue and as I ve paid for green that should be a priority to empty
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

muzzy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by muzzy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:15 am

Our Black bins were collected early yesterday morning, pleasantly surprised. Blue bins to be collected Thursday like normal.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:53 am

I agree with FC. My blue bin, which was due last Thursday, is usually quite full as I recycle more than I send to landfill. My black bin is usually about one-third full on colllection so could easily wait for two more weeks. It seems the council have got their priorities wrong as the recycling bins should get the priority.

Oddly enough the council website states any other additional recycling waste should be left out in plastic bags. But they can’t recycle the bags so what will they do with them as you aren’t supposed to put plastic bags with your recyclables.
:roll:

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:01 pm

boatbuilder wrote: Oddly enough the council website states any other additional recycling waste should be left out in plastic bags. But they can’t recycle the bags so what will they do with them as you aren’t supposed to put plastic bags with your recyclables.
:roll:
They're confused enough already! :no:
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Meryl
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Meryl » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:38 am

muzzy wrote:Our Black bins were collected early yesterday morning, pleasantly surprised. Blue bins to be collected Thursday like normal.
same here!

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:43 pm

My black bin collected today Thursday ( my normal collection) but my blue and green which weren’t collected last week are still waiting

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:10 pm

They won't be collected until next week, FC. It says so in the first post in this topic, which wasn't what was stated by the Journal report that was issued on the 1st March that Trigger posted HERE. This is from the Journal link:
The council advised customers to leave their bins out if they have a collection scheduled and added that they will attempt to catch up over the next few days, weather permitting.
Although I've nothing in my green bin at the moment, as I stated in an earlier post, I think the council have got their priorities wrong.
Many people around here pulled their blue bins up their drives today so, like so many, they have no idea what the council's intention are. Just the black bins were emptied this morning.

muzzy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by muzzy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:12 pm

I'm now confused. Black bin was collected Monday, as a catch up from last week, and I was impressed by how quickly they did this. However, today was supposed to be the regular blue bin collection, and this never happened. Unsure whether this was a mistake by the council, or if I've misunderstood somehow.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:23 pm

It sounds like a mistake by the wonderful WDC. If your bin is normally collected Thursday and today is 'Blue Bin' day then it should have been collected. That's my interpretation of the message that East Suffolk posted on their website.
I have today emailed them expressing my dissatisfaction of how they have gone about this episode, also asking if I am going to get a £1.65 refund (1/26th of £43 - the first collection of the new year which started on that date) for the missed week of the Green Bin collection on the 1st March, as they have failed to fulfil their 'contract' which I have paid for.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 am

what I have concluded is that they haven’t emptied anyone’s blue or green bin no matter what week they are on but are just concentrating on the black bins Unfirtunately that leaves you scratching your head as to which bin to put out next week so I m just leaving mine out and hope for the best
Buggers muddle

muzzy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by muzzy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:57 am

As an update, our blue bin was emptied this morning. Perhaps they're simply running a bit behind?

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:23 am

Surely that would have been the best and easiest solution all round. Just run two days behind for everybody for two weeks using two Saturdays (this week and next) to get up-to-date. But then I guess that was TOO easy for them to work out. :roll: