The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

The Dale Estate

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
s18dav
Male/Female: male

The Dale Estate

Post by s18dav » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:46 am

Hi

Anyone live on or around the Dale Estate by the Dale estate i mean the newish estate located
off of Bloodmoor roundabout featuring roads such as Deepdale Airedale Gratton dale wharfdale
etc etc.

The reason i ask is there appears to be a strange humming noise at various times of the night
12am to 4am and again 8am...Very noticeable at night when there is no other back ground noise
and you can clearly hear it begin and end.
I know its not my imagination as my wife can hear it and so can several neighbours just wondering if anyone else
had noticed the humming almost like a generator noise or if anyone knows where it is coming from ???

Thanks

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: The Dale Estate

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:59 am

Welcome to MyLowestoft s18dav.
That sounds like it could be some refrigeration. I live in the vicinity of the Coop on the Rosedale estate and several years ago we had a similar noise noticeable at night and we determined it was the refrigeration units built onto the Coop store. They were eventually replaced and we don’t hear them anymore.
Hope you manage to solve your mystery - probably coming from the nearby industrial estate. How close to it are you?
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:15 am

Possibly the humming has something to do with the demolition of the old Zephyr Cams which is in progress at this moment...generators maybe.
My Flickr pictures look here

s18dav

Post by s18dav » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 am

Hi and thanks its a great site this with some very useful information.

Yes boatbuilder i work on the industrial estate located by the Dale estate and did a quick drive around this morning
to see if i can determine where the noise was coming from, found a few suspects, and i also heard it start up again
only ten minutes ago be it all very briefly.
I like yourself Mel thought it may also be the works going on at the Zephyr cams site but one of my neighbours thinks he
has been hearing it for years as they have always slept with there window open, i however have only noticed it recently which
does tie in with the Zephyr cams site.
I suspect though that it is some refrigeration unit somewhere, some more sleuthing i think.

Thanks for the replies both of you.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 am

We'd be interested to know if your sleuthing pays off, s18dav.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

s18dav

Post by s18dav » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:02 pm

I will let you know how i get on , pipe and Deer stalker at the ready.