The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Parking in Lowestoft.

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Parking in Lowestoft.

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:14 pm

I don't know who is responsible for designating the parking restrictions and spaces in Lowestoft but I had to go into town this afternoon and drove down Raglan Street from the football ground end hoping to park near to the Wilco building. I was pleased to see that there was one space of the two in front of their building on Raglan Street that was vacant so pulled in and parked (to the right of the car in the first picture below) as I have done in the past, but not for some time. I got out of the car and happened to glance up at the post with the restriction details on and noticed that the two spaces were now designated as 'Resident Parking'. Feeling a little pi**ed off that I would have to look elsewhere I noticed that there was a space just further back on the opposite side of the driveway into Wilco's in front of the end house. Thinking it would also be for residents I decided I would have a look and was quite surprised that it and the next one up wasn't, so reversed back about twenty feet past Wilco's entrance and parked there (second image).

:think: Now I wonder why they don't use the two spaces outside the houses for the resident parking and the two that aren't outside any houses for normal parking? Of course we have to remember this is WDC (or maybe LTC is now responsible) so nothing is a surprise to me.
Resident Parking Space(s)
Resident Parking Space(s)
Normal Parking Space(s)
Normal Parking Space(s)
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget