The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Bin Collections in East Suffolk

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Bin Collections in East Suffolk

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:09 pm

With no bin collections this week, there will be a double collection on the normal collection day week-commencing 15th February

Full details on this web page:

Refuse collections to resume on Monday 15 February
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

muzzy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Bin Collections in East Suffolk

Post by muzzy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Are you sure? The way I understood it, they are swapping the 2-weekly rota over next week, and then doing the 2 collection pickup the week after starting 22nd. This annoys me, as the bins outside are overflowing, and the rubbish in the kitchen is piling up - our bins weren't emptied last week either, by mistake apparently. I'm considering putting recycled into normal bins, just to tidy up.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:07 pm

Muzzy, that's what I was told when I phoned up, before I found the linked page above online. Obviously, if they accidentally missed the previous week, then if you had phoned them up then and told them they should have arranged for the rubbish to be collected. That's something they told me a year or so ago when ours and a number of other houses along our road hadn't had the bins emptied by 2-pm, yet the cul-de-sac immediately opposite our house had had theirs collected about 9-am. That day the vehicle did eventually collect about half an hour later.

The rota for the next two weeks on the linked webpage in my post is quite clear. My blue bin should have been collected this week and is quite full but I guess if I crush it down then I probably won't have to leave an over-spill bag alongside. That, and the black bin - which is normally only about a third full each time - will be collected on Thursday.

Green bin collections have been suspended for two collections and I believe two 'credits' will then be added to the following years collections which will probably mean that the 2022/23 charge will only commence from about the end of May 2022 as this next years charge is already set to commence from the end of April this year instead of February owing to the collections that were missed last year due to Covid. I received an email a week or so ago advising of the renewal from end-April.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

muzzy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by muzzy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 pm

We're on opposite calendars as per the East Suffolk link, hence why the confusion. Yours does indeed get sorted next week, whereas I have to wait an extra week. As for my missed collection, this is not the first time it has happened, and is just a minor inconvenience.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:32 pm

So it was your black bin that wasn't collected this week. Obviously with the blue bin not being collected last week, you have a four week gap between the collections so will have the extra fourth week of recyclable to dispose of whereas I will only have one extra week. If the missed collections are a common thing then you have a good reason to complain as they aren't fulfilling your council tax contract.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:35 pm

Further to the post made earlier this week in the local news topic, this is what is currently shown on the EAST SUFFOLK COUNCIL website:
Screenshot 2022-11-16 202930.jpg

muzzy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by muzzy » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:47 pm

Industrial action now on hold pending 'talks'....

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:05 pm

My blue bin was collected later than normal today - usually by 11-am but was just after 2-pm. I noticed they did move two bins (my neighbour's and mine) at the same time though.