The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Opening and closing

Discussion and debate about the issues that concern Lowestoft.
funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Opening and closing

Post by funkychick » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Theres another one looking very down and out in Commercial Road, it is all such a con jumped on by the tobacco firms to make their money as the real cigarette sales go down Still full of nicotine and have been known to explode such an expensive con
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Post by Trigger » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:15 am

“Barmaid hit by exploding e-cigarette” - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26958397
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

MEG
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by MEG » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:39 pm

E-cigarette shops have sprung up here like mushrooms-one on every corner and in every little strip mall it seems!In spite of the warnings against them they must do a good trade to keep so many in business.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:30 pm

They will for a while Meg they are being bought up by Tobacco companies who have found their massive 'profits in death' going down so of course they have to look for another means of peddling their drug Many people believe it is their life saver as no doubt they are substitute and safer than cigarettes but still full of poisonous nicotine and rather prone to exploding to boot there have bee a number of cases
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Post by frankiesays » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:35 pm

728 wrote:I am not to sure Frankie, how long are you going back with the Kindreds?? It was listed in last weeks advertiser as shop and flat above, no going concern listed, somebody might well take it on as it always seemed popular. It is not closed or closing just up for sale at the mo.
I was at Pakefield Primary School so 50 years ago! I know it is unlikely but I thought as it was still called Glendower it may still be a family tradition. I used to buy 1d rolls from the back door on the way to school. If I was flush it was penny-ha'penny currant bun.
It's grim up North...

Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: MALE

Post by 728 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:17 pm

I am not to sure who owns it now Frankie :?:

On another note I would like to recommend the lovely new café that has opened in Pakefield, its called Tea by the sea just up from ferini's art gallery. happy1
In the end its not about how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Meryl
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Meryl » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:45 am

I may well be wrong but I think the Glendower comes from the name of the building "Glendower Buildings"

DorothyAnn
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by DorothyAnn » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:06 am

I think you may be correct Meryl. I was told that some years ago. #Glendower
Image Image

Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by 728 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:41 am

I went past the Greek restaurant in Station Square yesterday and they seemed to be taking everything out, don't know if they have closed.
In the end its not about how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:56 am

ouch hope business hasn't been that bad I did hear originally that he was having the shop next door - we will have to wait and see

Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by 728 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Hopefully they might just be expanding and removing things so that they can knock through. 8-) hopefully things have not been that bad as they have not been open to long.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:25 pm

The greek restaurant has been emptied completely There is a planning notice for a coffee bar and art gallery in Waterrloo rd where there used to be a coffee bar hundreds of years ago well 50 odd cant remember what ot was called but i did a saturday job there when i was about 1

Meryl
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Meryl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:49 pm

funkychick wrote:The greek restaurant has been emptied completely There is a planning notice for a coffee bar and art gallery in Waterrloo rd where there used to be a coffee bar hundreds of years ago well 50 odd cant remember what ot was called but i did a saturday job there when i was about 1
It has had a few names FC one was Andrews which I believed belonged to Andrew Willows.
At one time there was a parrot sitting outside giving everyone a wolf whistle, I don't remember who it belonged to at that time.

Browser

Post by Browser » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Was it called Cosmos FC and later on Clutterbucks.

MEG
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by MEG » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:54 pm

fc I am sure you must have been older than 1 when you had that job LOL!!!!!!! :lol:

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:34 pm

It was Andrews i think it would have been 54 years ago it was his mum ran it and she was a tyrant ito my young eyes i remember getting told off for not watering the milk down enough it was sn expresso coffeee har