The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

If you're looking for a Plumber....

Comments and questions about local services and tradesmen here. Please don't post advertisements here. The site takes no responsibility for the quality, speed, or accuracy of the posts or service.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

If you're looking for a Plumber....

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:55 pm

My electric shower packed up several days ago (heating unit gone) and so I went out and bought a new one.
I decided to get somebody to fit it and the work was carried out today by a very friendly and efficient local (Kirkley) plumber at a very fair price and who I thoroughly recommend. For info, he is also on the Gas Safe register.

Sam Emmens Heating & Plumbing
Tel: 07801 551321
email: sam_emmens@btinternet.com
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: If you're looking for a Plumber....

Post by nikkai » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:45 am

Have made a note of your recommendation BB as I am often asked about Gas Work.
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm

I've had to call a plumber this morning - a very rare occurrence, no point telling you who he is as nobody on ML lives near me. My central heating boiler wouldn't start up one day over Christmas, its never been any trouble so I'm not that au fait with it. It restarts if I press the reset button but now fails to start every day. It is giving fault F61 which means a gas regulator issue which could be anything from a loose wire to a bu*****d PCB. Fingers crossed for next Monday when he comes.

Mel: Please note that I put the words "central heating" in front of "boiler" in case you replied with "tell her to pull herself together then". ;-)
It's grim up North...

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 pm

frankiesays wrote:Mel: Please note that I put the words "central heating" in front of "boiler" in case you replied with "tell her to pull herself together then". ;-)
Pity, I missed out on a 'Ooh er missus' moment :) I think I would have used the word 'old' instead of 'central heating' Frankiesays ;) :)
My Flickr pictures look here

Abu Nuwas

Post by Abu Nuwas » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:57 pm

boatbuilder wrote:My electric shower packed up several days ago (heating unit gone) and so I went out and bought a new one.
I decided to get somebody to fit it and the work was carried out today by a very friendly and efficient local (Kirkley) plumber at a very fair price and who I thoroughly recommend. For info, he is also on the Gas Safe register.

Sam Emmens Heating & Plumbing
Tel: 07801 551321
email: sam_emmens@btinternet.com
I needed a plumber for a toilet which chose to leak, and continually flush, on Christmas Day, at about mid-night. I also needed one for a long-term shower problem, and two dripping taps, which seemed to have come out in solidarity with one another. Mainly, it was the leaking loo, as it was the upstairs one. We managed to encourage it stop leaking somehow, enough to enable me to kip, and after Boxing Day I phoned Sam Emmens whom Boatbuilder had recommended. He said he was ill (and sounded it) but could come on Friday, to-day, all being well.

He came and sorted everything. He was v pleasant, and v reasonable - bearing in mind I also asked his advice on where I could position a dishwasher -- bring on the day!
MyLowestoft has shown its worth to me. Whether I have done all this right, is autre chose. Thanks BB! I thought it only right to pass on my endorsement
Consistency is the hob-goblin of the small mind

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Thanks for your feedback, Abu Nuwas. Glad to know he was able to help you. Incidentally, when he replaced my shower in 2016 he pointed out that the stop valve I had in the loft for isolating the shower and which had been put in quite a few years before when we had the original shower fitted, wasn't the best sort and he replaced it with a better one and the total bill was still less than what he initially indicated for just replacing the shower.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Abu Nuwas

Post by Abu Nuwas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:17 am

Yes, he's a good bloke, and hard-working. Thanks again, BB.
Consistency is the hob-goblin of the small mind